There are many ways that one can become inspired, although more often than not inspiration hits when you’re not expecting it.
If you are struggling to find inspiration, here are some of our top tips:
- Magazines, sometimes something as simple as flicking through mags such as Living Etc, Elle Decoration and others, can open your imagination. These types of magazine often showcase popular and current trends in a scheme that will suit your space.
- Try not to bring in too many opinions, although we all love our friends and family to pitch in, it is possible to become overwhelmed by choices.
- Don’t have too high expectations, sometimes finding your inspiration can take a while. Leave yourself enough time so there is no need to rush and no added pressure. Try to not get disheartened if you don’t find ‘The one’ right away, there are so many options, and we’re happy to go through them all with you, but doing so all in one sitting can be overbearing.
- Look around you! Inspiration can come from anywhere, so try to keep an open mind.
- Come speak to our staff! Bring in some photos of the space you wish to decorate, let us know of your likes and dislikes and from there we can work to inspire you, finding your dream wallpaper and/or fabric. This is the best way to approach the decorating process, we are here to help, so utilise us as much as you can!
For a little added help be sure to follow our Instagram @gcjohnson_ig9 where we post new stock, interesting interior schemes and exclusive news.
Click this link to head straight to our page —> https://www.instagram.com/gcjohnson_ig9/